Business owners understand the value of creating good web content and they are finally beginning to understand the importance of developing a web site that is responsive for mobile users. But most of them ignore the importance of selecting a reliable web hosting company. When business owners take the time to select a reliable web hosting company, they ensure their website remains accessible and safe at all times. choosing a web host, based on something like pricing only, can produce disastrous results.
Choosing the best web host for your website can be a confusing process and not one you should take lightly. There are some important factors you should consider when choosing a web host. OneHoster.com will give you some tips for choosing the best web host, from researching speed and reliability to exploring security features.
Did you think what will happen if your website will down, when your website is down, it’s like having the door locked and the closed sign hanging at a brick-and-mortar business. Your customers can not enter your store to shop and you can not make money.
Websites are designed to allow customers to shop 24 hours a day. This doesn’t happen if your website is inaccessible. In August 2013, Amazon lost $66,240 per minute when the web site went down for more than 30 minutes.
How to avoid problems with your web host
Here are some tips that will help you choose the right web host, and avoid mistakes that can create big problems later.
- Know what kind of web hosting is needed: understanding the needs of your business can help narrow your web hosting options. Websites that receive a lot of daily traffic will likely not function well on a shared server because these servers are designed to accommodate a lot of small websites that have limited demands. If you plan to build a website that features video blogging, 24-hour live streaming and the ability for visitors to register and upload their own videos, your website would require more features than someone who just uses their website as a virtual resume.
- Avoid the new companies that can not handle growth: many new companies offer low prices hoping they will make up for it with a large influx of clients, when web hosting companies experience growth too quickly and they don’t have the resources to handle it, that creates problems for business owners like downtime, slow page loads, lost revenue, and negative effects on search rankings, most new hosting companies are not equipped to successfully manage that many clients at once. It’s best to stick with a more established company that can deal with growth without compromising their clients’ experience.
- Is there a backup plan: It doesn’t really matter why your website is down or why you have lost your website’s data, you need to know if the web hosting company you choose has a backup plan to help you recover just in case.
- Ask about security features: security breaches happen, make sure your web hosting company can provide secure sockets layer to safeguard your customer’s private information. This is an essential feature in providing customers with safe transactions and it should be a feature that’s provided by the web hosting company.
- Customer support: when you are researching web hosting companies, always look for a way to contact customer support. Can you find a quick and easy way to contact them via email, online chat, or 24/7 phone support?
- Don’t get stuck on price: when you are a new business owner with a limited budget, the web hosting company offering the lowest price might be very tempting, remember you get what you pay for. The cheapest price might just result in slow servers, poor customer service, constant downtime, and an association with thousands of unprofessional websites.
- How much traffic do you expect to receive each month? Be realistic, this will help determine how much resources you need, if you plan to grow your traffic over time, you may need a host that offers salability in their package offerings.
- What type of site will you be creating? for example, will you be working with WordPress or creating a static HTML website?
- What technical requirements will you require for your website? most coding languages like HTML and CSS don not have special requirements, but if you’re working with PHP, for example, you’ll need to find a host who can cater to that language.
- Do you need extra features: such as email hosting or an SSL certificate, be sure the host you choose offers what you’re looking for and at a reasonable rate.
- Is there SSD drives for all plans? For more speed web hosting companies use solid-state drives on all web hosting plans.
- Does they offer free SSL certificate? most web hosting companies provide Free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate with each account.
- Own firewall security rules: does the web hosting company has wrote WAF rules to fix zero day vulnerabilities.
- Quality hardware: infrastructure components are Datacenter Grade designed.
- Type of control panel: is there a cpanel support, most web hosting companies offer cpanel with all plans, but some others not, be sure that this web hosting support cpanel web hosting.
Finally, be sure to look at the web hosting that is good for you, be sure also if the web hosting company will offer you add-ons and extra services or not, some hosts for example, does not give you extra email hosting, extra disk space. There’s a lot to consider when choosing a web host, and it all starts with knowing what your needs are so you can find the host best suited to you.
OneHoster is one of the best web hosting companies in Egypt, we offer many web hosting packages in Egypt and middle east like, cPanel storage hosting packages, cloud hosting, domain registration, dedicated servers solution, Email hosting, WordPress hosting, web hosting upgrades and hosting renewals to suit your requirements to host your website for small and medium sized businesses. OneHoster is also one of the top 10 website design companies, and top 10 digital marketing companies in Egypt and Middle east.“OneHoster’s Team”